The world is experiencing a substantial paradigm shift in the way medicine is practiced. There is an increasing focus on a prevention model, ideally stopping chronic disease and its associated risk factors from ever developing.
We are working with the Institute for Systems Biology and other groups to establish educational programs in preventive and predictive P4 medicine.
Existing preventive medicine initiatives and resources from around the world are listed below.
- AHA Health Living: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/Healthy-Living_UCM_001078_SubHomePage.jsp
- CDC Healthy Living: http://www.cdc.gov/healthyliving/
- Ciclovias Recreativas de las Americas: http://www.cicloviasrecreativas.org/en/
- European Union Platform for Action on Diet, Physical Activity and Health: http://ec.europa.eu/health/nutrition_physical_activity/platform/index_en.htm
- Fitlot: http://fitlot.org/
- The ReFresh Project: http://broadcommunityconnections.org/projects/refresh: http://ec.europa.eu/health/nutrition_physical_activity/platform/index_en.htm
- World Health Organization – Publications on NCDs: http://www.who.int/nmh/publications/en/