In 2015, the AHA, ESC, EACPR and ACPM jointly published a policy statement that defined how stakeholders should come together and collaboratively support and create initiatives that would advance preventive medicine. Key stakeholders and their specific roles described in this policy statement are defined in the Table below. The Figure below illustrates the framework for collaboration.
ESPREVMED is providing a platform to implement the vision of this policy statement. The ESPREVMED Stakeholder Advisory Board embraces a non-hierarchical collaborative model and promotes its use to help the Society fulfill its mission of advancing research, educating health care professionals, creating knowledge and serving society.
We welcome stakeholders from academic, industry, NGO or government backgrounds.
Goals of the ESPREVMED Stakeholder Advisory Board include:
- strengthening the ties between ESPREVMED and all key stakeholders (see Table);
- advance the P4 (Preventive, Predictive., Personalised. Participatory.) Medicine framework
- facilitating the pursuit of new broad research agendas (e.g. through the creation of research centers and strategies for faculty recruitment);
- fostering entrepreneurship by facilitating connections between researchers, venture capitalists, and other stakeholder visionaries;
- the establishment of sustainable funding models to provide resources competitive with our peer institutions;
- the establishment of targeted fellowships, endowed chairs, and other forms of support to help attract the very best students and faculty;
- the creation of novel and impactful Preventive Medicine initiatives, from the individual to population level; and
- development of educational initiatives, including possibly globalization, on-line learning, executive education, professional degrees, and industrial course modules.
If you are interested in participating in the ESPREVMED Stakeholder Advisory Board, please contact us.