Preventing and Predicting Diseases. Personalized and Participatory Medicine.
The European Society of Preventive Medicine (ESPREVMED) is a non-profit organization and fellowship of world leaders dedicated to P4 Medicine, preventive, predictive, personalised and participatory medicine with the aim to advance prevention of diseases, prediction of risks and promoting of health and well-being.
ESPREVMED is a Fellowship of leading international researchers clinicians and experts, a think tank to facilitate research and advancements in the field of P4 medicine; preventive, predictive, personalized and participatory.
The Society aims to reach beyond the diagnosis and treatment of illness and scientifically addresses the major challenges in medicine today. The epidemic of chronic diseases, a better understanding of the underlying mechanisms and causes as well as technological advancements are transforming medicine from a reactive discipline to a pro-active and preventive one – EPSREVMED is dedicated to driving this change.
The Society was created to promote preventive medicine with a focus on preventive approaches for chronic diseases. Chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, cancer and metabolic disorders (type-2-diabetes, obesity) are now the leading cause of death and disability on the planet.
The mission of the Society is to improve individual and population health by developing and disseminating effective health promotion and chronic disease prevention and management strategies and to promote and facilitate interdisciplinary research, education, and community outreach.
ESPREVMED supports problem-focused research. It uses collaboration among a broad array of health professionals and scientists who share a perspective for prevention and systems-based approaches (P4 medicine) in their research.
The Society aims to support in these fields:
- Shift the emphasis in medicine from reaction to prevention and from disease to wellness.
- Improve patient outcomes and to empower both the patient and the physician.
- Improve public health approaches
- Improve clinical approaches
- Addressing the underlying mechanisms and causes of diseases.
- Support a healthy lifestyle to prevent diseases. Educating both the public and health professionals about evidence-based lifestyle advice.
- Detect disease at an earlier stage, when it is easier and less expensive to treat effectively.
- Support the identification of biochemical targets for new interventions.